CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

London Calling

It's been a while since I last bloged, put it down to sheer laziness !

Last February I paid a visit to one of my favourite cities in the world, London. Actually my last visit was April 2009 but I never get tired of London as it's full of memories of my time as a student there. Yea I know it's often cold, rainy and miserable but somehow being in London brings back the good times of when I was young and carefree.


Fortunately London Bridge did not fall down !

Being February it was of course freezing but that didn't stop me from making my way to Oxford Street everyday for the obligatory window shopping ! For the days when the weather was extra horrible, Westfield at Shepard's Bush was the answer.

Somewhere near the London Eye where the que was endless

This time we were there for two weeks and because there were many of us we decided to stay in a short lease apartment. The apartment was in a great location, Lancaster Gate and it was literally 30 steps to the tube station. Great or what ! It was also right in front of Hyde Park not that we went there alot. I think throughout the stay I went across once.

Fountain House

A walk in Hyde Park

We also went to Oxford and it was even colder then London. We stayed in a B&B which was so so. Of course no visit to Oxford would be complete without going to Bicester Village the outlet centre. It's not as big as the outlets in US but I just loved all the European brands available there. Celine, Tods, Burberry, Furla, Jimmy Choo, Ferragamo, Dior, Anya Hindmarch, Gucci ... you name it !
Total damage done was only a bag from Celine & Tods, while hubby got himself a Tumi computer bag.

Can't remember the name of the B&B

Bicester Village the "before" picture, after that I was too busy to pose :P

After Oxford the shopping continued in London where I got myself another Mulberry bag at Selfridges. Visted Harrods once to have the fantastic ice cream and encountered a celebrity. It was Brian May of Queen and he was looking at a Versace handbag with a lady friend (well maybe it was his daughter).

No comments:

Post a Comment