CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

All in the Name of Vanity

Today I had an appointment with the lady that does my eyebrows. Over a couple of sessions she has expertly shaped my eyebrows into a natural looking arch to rival the clients of Anastasia Soare in Hollywood. All it requires is a little waxing and some plucking and you too can have beautiful eyebrows. Oh and it kinda hurts if you have a low pain threshold but I was told that the pain is minor if compared to treading.

I have now found another thing to obsess and spend money on. First it was the hair, then it was facials, after that came manicures & pedicures and now it's the eyebrows. I swear ladies as we get older there's more and more things to be maintained! Stuff that you never think about when you were younger, well I certainly didn't. Also when I was younger I wasn't able to indulge in all these treatments on my measly salary.

So when will it stop ? The constant grooming and preening and spending on stuff that men will never understand. Visits to the hair saloon every six weeks, monthly facials, fortnightly manicures and pedicures and now eyebrow shaping every 3 weeks. Will we ever get tired of it all and let it be au natural ? Probably not as only women can understand. The goal is not to defy the aging process but to age gracefully and expertly groomed ;)

Anyway it's a boost to my self esteem when other women see me and say "she's a bit chubby but she has beautiful hair/skin/nails/eyebrows"..... hahahaha.

For those interested :
Benefit Brow Bar
Parkson Suria KLCC
03 2164 2187

No comments:

Post a Comment